Small Business Saturday
Amazon is up a whopping $24Billion while small businesses are announcing closures. We want to do everything we can to preserve the independent local brands that make our cities and culture unique. These stores are owned by our neighbors and friends and need our support more than ever this year. So please skip the flashy Black Friday deals with big box brands and instead buy your holiday gifts early from local, independent brands. Since they are usually making small batches and manufacturing themselves, it’s better to do your shopping earlier.
- Americae: Clothing Boutique. Shop this women’s fashion lifestyle brand that believes in the emboldening power of exciting womenswear and the extraordinariness of every woman.
- Felt+Fat: Ceramic Tableware. Set your table with Felt + Fat design-forward ceramics who recently pivoted from chefs and restaurateurs as their clients to direct to consumer (use content we created like setting the holiday table)
- Di Bruno Bros: Provisions and specialty food products. Tap into their local cheeses and make a platter for your smaller holiday get-togethers or better yet send a care package from Philly.
- Supra Endura: Silk scarves and cotton handkerchiefs.
- Vagabond: Clothing Boutique. Shop their cute organic sweaters to help keep them afloat while Amazon continues to encroach on their sales.
- Feast Jewelry: Jewelry Brand.
- BWC Garments: Clothing Brand. Cultivating a casual fusion of sophistication and comfortability
- Vestige: Clothing and Home Goods Boutique.
- Open House: Boutique gift shop. Perfect for stocking stuffers for anyone who loves pop-culture or the city of Philadelphia.
- United by Blue: Clothing Shop and Cafe: Features sustainable clothing, bags and tools. For every product purchased they pledge to remove one pound of trash from our waterways.
- LAA Art Collective: Art Store: Contemporary Gallery featuring East Coast Artists.
- Good Neighbor – Find all of the most modern home good items for gifts or decorating this season at Good Neighbor and while you’re there hit up the Greenhouse next door for dried bouquets and locally made vases.
- Larder – Give a gift this year that will help local restaurants stay afloat this winter. Larder is offering a Community Supported Restaurant subscription that includes pre-cooked, ready to heat-and-eat dishes, made from scratch, using local (within 100 miles) organic ingredients. The boxes will be available for pick up, once a week for the month of December with options for small, large or family-sized meals.
- Old Westminster Winery: Winery: Shop their wines online or purchase a gift card to give to a friend.
- True Chesapeake Oyster co.: Restaurant and Oyster Farm: Give someone special a gift card to their restaurant or for a real Oyster lover, one of their premium shucking knives.
- Red Antler Apothecary: Ethically created and natural soaps and skincare.
- Mill City CheeseMongers: Cheese store: They are committed to donating a percentage of their revenue to organizations that make their community a better place to live, especially organizations that promote better access to food and empowerment for girls, women, and the LGBTQ community.
- Haus Witch: Home and Healing boutique: A modern metaphysical lifestyle brand and shop. They provide Salem locals and visitors with a selection of witchy and handmade products from independent makers from around New England and the US.
New York City
- Meg: Clothing Boutique: Take the opportunity to shop independent brands like Meg, a women’s boutique with vintage-inspired pieces and one of the best sustainable fashion boutiques at N. 6th + Bedford Ave where Kanye West shops for inspiration.
- The Butcher’s Daughter: Market: Next to their Williamsburg location is the Butcher’s Daughter Market where you can purchase an array of hats, candles, handmade cards and perfumes.
- Kith : Clothing Store: Unique clothes for men, women, and kids that also features sweet treats available for purchase in-store.
- Bird: Boutique: Emerging and established independent designer collections from around the world.
- Oroboro: Boutique: Women’s casual wear, shoes, jewelry & accessories, plus art & decor.
- Dyphor: Home Goods: Great for pillows, books, art and furniture.