Viaduct Events Server – Philadelphia, PA
The Viaduct is looking for an enthusiastic person with hospitality experience to join our Philadelphia team and help provide an exceptional level of service during our public and private events. The Viaduct is our new secret garden event space, plant shop and community hub at 10th and Hamilton Street in Spring Arts that is designed and managed by Cohere – a creative agency committed to uniting stakeholders around shared goals in food, hospitality and real estate. The Viaduct Event Server will be responsible for providing friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional experience for all of our guests. Prior serving or hospitality experience is required. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential. An ideal applicant would have knowledge of food presentation, preparation and handling, a flexible schedule, be available to work weekends, enjoy working outdoors, and hanging with us and our chickens.
- Philadelphia, PA
- Treat all guests with a level of hospitality that represents the culture of Cohere and our intention to welcome and provide service to our guests.
- Assisting in hosting, bartending and serving during both private and public Cohere events in the space.
- Have knowledge of and share with customers all Viaduct events (e.g., Maidencreek workshops, dinners, wellness events, fireside chats, etc.).
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely manner.
- Clear and wash dishes.
- Perform side work before, during and at the end of each shift.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests’ dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the space, food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Support in the maintenance of the space such as watering flowers, sweeping, cleanup and preparation for events.
- Support reporting the financial success of an event.
- Must live in the Philadlephia area.
- Must be willing and able to work outside.
- Maintain a high level of productivity working both independently and with a team.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service.
- Hospitality experience required.
- Possess effective and positive communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is important –both morning and afternoon shifts are available. Weekend work is required.
- Minimum availability of 10 hours per week preferred.
The hourly pay for this position begins at $13/ hour. We are estimating approximately 10-15 hours per week with room to grow. There are several other positions that you could learn and potentially grow into as well through the Viaduct, our sister brands Maidencreek Co and Cohere. If you think you would be a good fit send your resume over to us at email@example.com