Part Time Designer – Philadelphia, PA
Our ideal design candidate should exhibit strong interest and capabilities in the design and development of brands. They exhibit a drive to build a network in the realm of design, food impact, and placemaking projects that are central to Cohere’s mission. They seek to build a high-quality portfolio of work with the Cohere team. They are a strong problem solver who can provide both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas in regards to our brand experiences both online and in the built environment. They are strong in conceptualization and visual communication and have exceptional design skills. They are deadline-oriented, open to critique/improvement, and multi-tasker who is looking to learn more about the process of creating a memorable brand experience.
- This position is part-time, with the hope to find support for 20-25 hours per week
- We are looking for someone who has 2-4 years of experience in the agency or professional branding realm
- We offer a hybrid office experience with flexible remote hours but employees are required to join in-person meetings for various team-building and client-related work in Philadelphia
- Starting pay begins at $18/hour but this is flexible based on experience.
- There is an opportunity for growth with our team in this role.
- Support senior designers in creating strong and consistent brand identity solutions that satisfy the brand strategies and objectives of Cohere
- Collaborate with the team members to design compelling brand assets across all channels including print collateral, packaging, signage, website, social media, etc.
- Support client communication and client concept pitches with thoughtful consideration and explanation of goals and visual point of view
- Expresses ideas clearly and creatively with support from the Cohere team
- Demonstrate flexibility, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Oversee the project production phase, involving but not limited to:
- Preparing artwork, vendor research and coordination, proofing and troubleshooting support, quality testing
- Act as the Brand Leader overseeing the deployment of the branding across channels and phases to ensure quality and alignment with client and agency standards.
- Utilize strong management and communication skills leading and managing design intern(s) when appropriate
- Reports to Lead Designer for any high-level critiques and input on key projects and delegation of deliverables to interns or other staff
- Reports to the lead designer and manages all creative updates and career goals
- The designer will attend site visits and client meetings as necessary, such as key milestones or walk-throughs