Are you a creative designer with a passion for brand identity? Do you find yourself fixated on good typography and creating an artistic direction for a brand story?
Are you seeking a part-time position that lets you flex your muscles in branding and gain experience with best in class brands? You are the freelance designer we’re looking for.
As a freelance designer with Cohere, you will work alongside our creative team to provide outstanding support for projects in real estate, hospitality and food. We measure our success by the amount of impact we have on transformative projects.
Your strengths are in paying attention to detail and executing each task with your absolute best abilities. You have several years of experience yet are flexible for each project because you know that it’s all about the unique needs of the client.
You have the desire to keep your skills and knowledge current, stay up-to-date with industry trends, and provide exceptional value to our team. Your motivation to do your best, on every project, every day and Cohere’s reputation for producing top quality work makes you the candidate we are seeking.
Skills and Qualifications:
The freelance designer should exhibit strong skills in brand identity design, typography, and design for both web and print. They are keen on detail and pride themselves on the ability to communicate through their visuals. They are deadline-oriented, open to critique/improvement, and a multi-tasker. Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop are required.
- Work independently to perform all work-related tasks in a timely manner, organizing priorities, and deliverables effectively.
- Plan concepts and ideas for projects with graphic design deliverables associated.
- Create artwork for approval purposes, following the direction of the supervisor and Account Executive, and output according to Cohere standards.
- Demonstrate commitment to the advancement of Cohere’s brand, processes, and workplace.
- Handle print vendor communication, preparing files for print, and managing the print vendor relationships (with the guidance of supervisors).
- Design for web, banner ads, newsletters, social media account profiles, and more.
- Pay close attention to detail in order to minimize errors and client communication.
- Follow all concepts, directions, and edits instructed by the immediate supervisor.
A brand is not a logo or a stunning website. A brand is an emotional response associated with a company that is depicted by the user. As storytellers, we help businesses become brands by evoking the feeling, the take-away, the moment of clarity that is associated with their product or service. By discovering our clients’ core values, we can translate them into an experience that is both memorable and engaging. It is our job to connect the right emotions to the right message, and deploy it to the proper target communities in a manner that inspires reaction..