Cohere is seeking a Freelance Designer to support our branding projects and add talent to our team. As a Freelance Designer, you will be responsible for defining the direction of the branding and design elements of a project in the strategy phase, well supported by our team. You will then also be responsible for designing the identity, collateral, signage and digital elements of a project, again with the support of our team members.
This job is a hybrid of remote and in-person on an as needed basis in NYC, Philadelphia or Baltimore depending on your location. We prefer someone who is interested in expanding their portfolio in the realm of food, impact and hospitality projects.
Skills and Qualifications
The freelance designer should exhibit strong skills in brand identity design, typography, and design for both web and print. They are keen on detail and pride themselves on the ability to communicate through their visuals. They are deadline-oriented, open to critique/improvement, and a multitasker. Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop are required.
- Support all assigned projects as the Designer for the creative team
- Helps complete all creative tasks start to finish in a project
- Creates mood boards and adds to our strategy
- Designs identities, logos, typeface systems and hierarchies, color palettes and helps with the art direction of the brand theme/vibe
As a Freelance Designer, you will be responsible for ensuring consistent and cohesive storytelling for the brands we work with, and creating brand identities with our team and projects, including:
- Brand Experiences
- Brand Identity
- Brand Concepts
- Web Design
- Marketing/Collateral Design
- Signage, environmental design and wayfinding
- Supports team creative process
We offer competitive rates for each project based on scope of work. We are also interested in collaborating on content, if you are interested, such as bringing the brand story to life in all mediums.
- 5+ years of design experience, considered a strong lead design or senior designer
- Effective and detail oriented communication
- Takes feedback in a collaborative manner, it’s nothing personal
- Looking to elevate their portfolio with National and International brands
- Seeking long term relationships with Cohere and our creative network