Floral Assistant – Philadelphia, PA
Maidencreek Co. is looking for an enthusiastic floral assistant to join our Philadelphia team and help provide an exceptional level of service for our flower division under Cohere. Cohere is a creative agency that launched a sister-brand last year, Maidencreek Co., and The Viaduct is our new secret garden event space, plant shop and community hub at 10th and Hamilton St. in Spring Arts. The Floral Assistant will have a hand working in creating floral bouquets, helping create and manage a retail experience at the Viaduct, and tasks associated with the gardening business. They will be responsible for the creation of bouquets, deliveries to associated stores, managing the Maidencreek co. floral and home goods storefront once open again in September, and successfully executing Cohere events and managing day to day operations at The Viaduct. Prior customer service or hospitality experience is desirable, but not required. Strong communication skills and teamwork are essential. An ideal applicant would have knowledge of horticultural and home décor trends, a flexible schedule, be available to work weekends, enjoy working outdoors, and hanging with us and our chickens.
- Philadelphia, PA
- High level of interest and some experience in florals, gardening experience a plus
- Exceed customer expectations by guiding customers toward merchandise that will meet their needs and their unique personal style.
- Have knowledge of and share with customers all Viaduct events (e.g., Maidencreek workshops, dinners, wellness events, fireside chats, etc.).
- Work productively with the team and possess effective and positive communication skills.
- Complete all point of sale functions (e.g., register functions, customer sales, etc.)
- Support sales by processing products and merchandise as needed (e.g., stocking, pricing, etc.).
- Perform all store-level operational procedures accurately and in a timely fashion, in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Apply the Maidencreek co. aesthetic to enhance the visual impact of our unique merchandise.
- Assisting in hosting and serving during both private and public Cohere events in the space.
- Must live in the Philadlephia area.
- Must be willing and able to work outside.
- Must have a vehicle and be willing to travel.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 30lbs.
- Maintain a high level of productivity working both independently and with a team.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service. Retail experience required.
- Basic horticultural knowledge preferred.
- Possess effective and positive communication skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is important –both morning and afternoon shifts are available. Some weekend work is required.
- Access to a personal vehicle for some deliveries preferred.
- Minimum availability of 20 hours per week preferred.
The hourly pay for this position will vary based on experience. If you think you would be a good fit send your resume over to us at email@example.com