Cohere’s Apprenticeship Program is designed as a system of training for a new generation of practitioners in the fields of creative storytelling, design and impact.
People who are best suited for our Apprenticeship recently graduated or are transitioning in their career. Since this is a startup culture and the mentality is flexible, apprenticeships are nimble enough to create the experience you need for your career trajectory.
The apprentice will support the refinement of Cohere’s creative output and quality storytelling through the design of ad campaigns, social media, digital experiences, and collateral.
Your strengths are in paying attention to detail and executing each task with your absolute best abilities. You have a couple years of experience, yet are flexible for each project because you know that it’s all about the unique needs of the client – and you’re willing to learn and improve your processes along the way. This position will be paid between $18-21 per hour depending on experience.
The design apprentice will focus on creating assets for digital and social media marketing. They are responsible for creating visual concepts that inspire and captivate the consumer while creating a consistent brand representation across all marketing touchpoints such as social media posts and digital ads. The design apprentice will work a mix of remote and in-person with Cohere PHL. This is a part-time position, estimating 24 – 30 hours per week but is flexible depending on the abilities and availability of the designer.
They are a strong problem solver who can provide both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas in regards to our brand experiences both online and in the built environment. They are strong in conceptualization and visual communication, and have exceptional design skills. They are deadline-oriented, open to critique/improvement, and a multi-tasker who is looking to learn more about the process of creating a memorable brand experience.
- Strong typography and graphic design skills. Must have a strong portfolio that exemplifies a range of concept development and execution for digital.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multitask.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign,Photoshop)
- Working knowledge of animation in Photoshop or After Effects.
- Knowledge of digital production standards.
- Excel at both working independently and collaborating with others.
- Are able to receive and apply design feedback from the design lead and clients.
- Support senior designers in producing creative assets for social media and marketing campaigns.
- Create both still and animated digital advertisements for various clients.
- Create email newsletters based on the visual direction of the campaign or brand.
- Take creative direction from the lead designer to create consistent work that’s aligned with the overall creative version of a given project.
- Work effectively on multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Preparing artwork, vendor research and coordination, proofing and troubleshooting support, quality testing
- Communicate project status and maintain priorities as well as present ideas with clear communication of intention.
- Organize files in a clean and usable manner/
- Remote and in-person expectations: the design apprentice will work a mix of remote and in-person with Cohere PHL