Account Director Position Description
The Account Director is the lead on client relations and projects, overseeing the creative process from start to finish and thinking critically about how to produce the best outcome.
The Account Director prides themselves on paying close attention to detail and not letting anything fall through the cracks. They follow up and follow through with clients and teammates diligently and enthusiastically. They are a strategic thinker and solution-oriented, seeking ways to improve internal processes and procedures to improve workflow within the organization. They are committed to and demonstrate ownership and accountability for organizational goals, and are driven to apply themselves to purposeful work.
The Account Director should possess the skills necessary to effectively manage projects, build successful client relationships, and assist in generating new business. They have a genuine desire to help clients and team members, and a vested interest in their projects. They should be energetic and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and manage their time effectively. They are driven to grow and improve. They pride themselves in having strong verbal and written communication, problem solving, and decision making skills.
3-6 years of experience in an account management role is required for the Account Director position.
- CLIENT MANAGEMENT:
- Manage multiple open accounts and projects at once.
- Supervise a supporting account executive and work alongside the accounts team to ensure success across all client accounts.
- Develop a good rapport and quality communication with clients and potential clients to help represent Cohere in the most successful manner, build trust, and grow positive relationships.
- Work collaboratively with clients and internal teams to identify solutions for critical business issues within existing client relationships.
- Keep clients and co-workers updated on the progress of projects, budget status, milestones and client feedback.
- Guide clients through branding, website, and campaign processes, deliverables, and approval procedures.
- Conduct regular meetings, including project milestone meetings, to discuss and identify the project goals, expectations and objectives, and present creative alongside other team members.
- Act as the link between the client and the agency by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively.
- Support the creation of opportunities to help maintain or improve client satisfaction.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Identifying and driving priorities and deliverable deadlines for the team.
- Communicate significant client and project updates to the CEO.
- Analyze team hours and identify ways to improve performance and efficiency.
- Make suggestions for improvement to internal processes and help implement.
- Working independently to perform all work-related tasks in a timely manner, managing personal priorities and deliverables effectively.
- Follow approval procedures and pay close attention to detail to ensure quality at every step of the process and minimize errors.
- Contribute to the advancement of Cohere’s brand and culture.
- NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT:
- Identify opportunities for new projects and/or upselling with current contracts to capture additional scope.
- Support business development by meeting with prospective new clients to understand their needs and sell our services.
- Create new business proposals that accurately reflect client needs, our process, budgets, and timelines.
- Support the creation of service agreements and necessary documentation that allows for the agency to service the client’s needs and scope of work according to their budget.
- Support business development goals by contributing to the tracking of leads and sales that can help us make real-time decisions on the financial viability of the business.
Please include your resume and portfolio when applying.Apply